Friday, June 27, 2008

Necktie skirt


Here's easy sewing project. I bought a bunch of silk neckties at our local thrift store, and I sewed them together to make a skirt. If you want to try this, I would suggest that you get approximately one tie for each inch of your waist size. My waist and hips are not very different in size. At the waist, I simply turned the fabric to the inside and sewed it down with some seam tape covering the raw edge. It tends to get too thick if you try to have more than two layers. See how great it turned out!

2 comments:

I Like You said...

I simply adore this. I saw one of these skirts a while ago but I haven't been brave enough to round up my dad's old neckties to try to make it myself. I'm not a very good sewer.
Did you put a zipper in it? How do you get the skirt on & off?
Have you worn the skirt out yet?
I'd love to know.
Thank you.

Mitchie said...

Great idea!