Monday, July 14, 2008

Julian Beever's 3D chalk pavement art





Check this out! I was talking to my cousin today and he asked if I had ever seen any 3D chalk art, and I said I'd never heard of it. We looked this up on the internet and I was totally amazed. This guy Beever is an English artist and draws these pictures on sidewalks, mostly in England and in Europe. There is also at least one film of him actually drawing on Youtube. In order to get the 3D effect, the pictures have to be viewed from just the right angle.

6 comments:

STYLE AND THE CITY . COM - PARIS said...

amazingly realistic
great

congratulate the artist for me

i wish you a great evening

cheers from Paris

Kamel
STYLE AND THE CITY - PARIS

AsianCajuns said...

I have seen these before and think they are amazing!
I wonder how long they take?

BTW, I did use photoshop on our blog- thanks for asking. My day job is being a graphic designer, so I fiddle with illustrator and photoshop all day. I learned most of what I know on the job, but my suggestion would be to take some simple tutorials on line and then just play! I'm not very good at reading how to books because I'm not patient enough, but it can also be a good place to start if the online tutorials don't work.
Hope this helps!

Imelda Matt - The Despotic Queen of Shoes said...

I've seen these a floating around but i'm still amazed that he's chose London. I hope he uses water proof chalk.

Hannah Bee said...

WHOA.
Those are INSANE!
Ho....how... wow.

Sebastian Perinotti said...

he came to buenos aires! i liked him

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!