Monday, August 25, 2008

Folkloric hippy style



I like this 70's inspired look that I'm seeing in the fashion magazines. It usually involves a hippy dress, floppy hat, knee-length boots and a long furry vest. I've been thinking about how I might recreate the style for less. The bright blue outfit is from Anna Sui's fall ready to wear collection. I could probably knit or crochet a similar bright, furry vest. Making a similar dress is probably going to be more tricky. I might be able to get a similar look by sewing a brightly colored tunic, and sewing on lots of different embroidered braids. These looks also include lots of leather and fringe.
The photo on the bottom is a street fashion from the Style Scout.

2 comments:

AsianCajuns said...

I love this style - especially all the bright colors that make the outfits even more unexpected!

Nicola said...

Oh. me too. Folk is the wonderfulest trend this winter.