Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Belly dancing costumes are so glamorous!














Last night I received my first belly dance instructional DVD in the mail and I spent some time trying to imitate the dancers. Fairly quickly, I realized how out of shape I am and I felt totally awkward compared to the beautiful and graceful women in the video. Belly dancing is harder than it looks!
I am pleased with the DVD, which is the Bellydance superstars introduction to bellydance, that I purchased from dancingrahana.com. It seems reasonably easy for beginners to follow. I really enjoyed myself, but I was glad that no one else was watching yet!
I'm not sure if I'm ready yet to invest in a costume. I'm still looking at my options, and trying to decide which ones I might want to get and how much to spend. Simplicity patterns also has several good bellydance costume patterns that I might start with. These pictures are from http://store.egyptioan-princess.com.

1 comment:

SoHo Accessories said...

You go girl!!!! Yes, belly dancing is much harder than it looks. Great excerise.