Saturday, December 12, 2009

Blue Logan uses sketches to report on fashion




Right now, Blue Logan is one of the most popular fashion illustrators around. I have heard that he is called the "pencil paparazzi" because he reports on fashion events using a sketchbook instead of a camera.

I think I would like to try this technique. Unfortunately, my home computer is having problems, so I am doing my blogging from the Athens, Ohio public library. It's actually the most beautiful building in town, so I don't mind spending a lot of time here.

This would be a great place to sketch. Local bars and restaurants might also be good places to capture drawings of interesting people.

Anyway, Blue has a great, very colorful website at http://www.bluelogan.co.uk. These drawings are from his website.


Thanks for visiting my blog! If you are looking for a current example of my custom fashion illustrations, visit this link: http://lizblair.blogspot.com/2009/10/alabama-chanin-design-and-my-drawing-of.html

No comments: